Tips when moving high-value items
Posted on 6th November 2019
Jewellery (either high in money value and/or emotional value), pieces of art, antique furniture and antique cars are just some examples of high-value items you’ll want to think about when packing for your next big move. Though it’s impossible to safeguard against the unexpected, there are certain steps you can take to make the likelihood of valuable items being lost or damaged in transit, is kept to a minimal.
Tips when moving pets overseas
Posted on January 11, 2020
They’re part of the family, so it comes as no surprise when you move overseas you will consider moving your fur baby as well.
If you have children, moving without a much-loved pet can be heart-wrenching. The calming effects an animal makes on a family may also help everyone adjust to a new life and a new town.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to organise the paperwork and booking details. There will steps you hadn’t considered and identification to be established. Once your move is confirmed, set the wheels in motion for your pet’s move too.
- Ensure all vaccinations are current as pets without (or outdated) vaccinations will be denied transportation. A blood test before travel may also be a legal requirement.
- Register with a vet in your destination country. A check-up soon after arriving will help you and your pet adjust to a new life.
- Use an animal transport company. They will make sure you have all the necessary paperwork, meet overseas regulations and your pet will travel in an airline-approved crate (just as McCullough take care of the paperwork when moving vehicles between countries and cities).
Perhaps it’s not a cat or dog you’re moving abroad, perhaps it is a bearded dragon or a guinea pig! An approved pet carrier ensures there aren’t any unwanted surprises come ‘flying day’.
- Are you moving into a different house setup as before? If your current home is a single level abode with a garden, and the new home is an apartment, this will take some adjusting for a cat or dog. Research what’s in your new local area (dog walking services, local parks or beaches) to help with the transition.
Moving your beloved pet/s overseas needn’t be stressful and difficult. We recommend giving yourself enough time, do your homework and ask lots of questions so you have a full understanding of how the travel timeline will proceed.
Tips when moving high-value items
How to get your Vehicle Ready for Shipping
Posted on 22nd October 2019
If you are preparing your family car, motorbike, motorhome or vintage car for shipment? There are a few things you should do keep customs happy and reduce the likelihood of unwanted insects/rodents ‘setting up home’ in the destination country.
Most Liveable Cities in the World
Posted on 30th September 2019
Looking for an overseas adventure? Perhaps a transfer within the same company or a complete change in career? If you don’t have a destination locked in yet then you’ll want to check out the top ten most livable cities according to Lonely Planet. Canada and Australia feature heavily on the list but Vienna stays in the top position for the second year in a row.
Exploring New Zealand's South Island in a Motorhome
Posted on 22nd August 2019
Seasoned kiwi travellers, Neil and Renee decided to ‘fly the nest’ after the kids had, and share their experiences and favourite destinations via their Youtube channel. They travel the world by plane, train and campervan. In one of their latest videos, Neil and Renee explore New Zealand’s Winter Wonderland – the incredibly beautiful South Island.
Our easy - 3 step shipping process×
Tell us the pick up location and we'll arrange a date & time
We handle all customs & shipping including insurance
Enjoy your toy, after it's delivered to your door anywhere in NZ.