Moving from novice to expert in under 60 seconds.
Shipping general cargo (any cargo that must be loaded individually)? McCullough excels in either shipping cargo to New Zealand or shipping cargo from New Zealand. That’s what we’ve been doing for over 20 years for people like you. We make general cargo shipping simple for you with our 1-2-3 step shipping process. It’s rapid, cost effective AND we get it right first time. We create solutions. For you.
General Cargo Shipping: Your 1-2-3 step service.
Step 1: Pick up at origin and packing:
Step 2: Shipping:
Step 3: Delivery to your door:
We provide and handle the complete process i.e. shipping, Customs and MAF clearance, packing, transport, delivery and insurance.
4 EASY steps to get your General Cargo moving:
- Establish your incoterms so you know your budgeta.These divide transaction costs and responsibilities between buyer and seller e.g. if you only paid for goods then that would be Ex works. If your price includes cartage to the port or bond and export documentation then that would be FOB. Your price could include Ocean Freight and Insurance -CIF.
- Contact us with your cargo specifications:
Dimensions (length, height and width)
Number to be shipped
FCL (full container load) or LCL (less than container load).
- Inform us of your supplier details so that our local agents can contact them directly to sort out the shipping details
- Sit back and let us organise and arrange your best solution. We’ll:
- Calculate the most cost effective way of moving your general cargo – we’ll make temporary changes to it (if required) to save in shipping costs e.g. We’ll pack it up as small as possible.
- Inform you about complying with the destination quarantine standard.
- Arrange all your documentation e.g. ownership title, insurance and bill of lading, Customs, MAF
- Supervise the loading and unloading process. We know what to do with:
- Cranes to lift your general cargo.
- Loading points and weight distribution.
- Get your cargo cleared and off the port as fast as possible due to our well-established and strong relationships with the ports and wash bays.
- Personally communicate with you every step of the way, until your general cargo is safely at your door.
Want a more specific price now for shipping your general cargo?
Simply type your relevant information into this form, email email@example.com, or phone us on +64 9 303 0075.
General Cargo Shipping Key Tips:
- Ensure that it is packed up as small as possible and secure or remove any loose parts.
- Ensure that you thoroughly clean inside and out, paying particular attention to the pallet and packaging and for motor vehicles under the guards , the grills and interior, boot and engine bay.
a. MAF will be looking for dirt, and plant matter i.e. seeds and leaves.
- Ensure you consider marine insurance (we can provide full A Clause Insurance covering you from pickup at origin to drop off at destination):
a. Remember to take close up photos of every side of your general cargo.
- Ensure that you advise if your cargo has any special requirements i.e. starting procedures or no brakes!
“Our 3 pallets arrived at the door in the UK 2 weeks ago and everything was just as we last saw it. Zero breakage or damage. McCullough’s effort and attention was exceptional – particularly as this international move had the potential for lots of stress. They made it easy for us – they were always lightning fast at responding to our numerous questions, offered us great suggestions and everything that was promised was delivered. They kept us informed and looked after our ‘little concerns’ throughout the whole process. Truly exceptional service.” I have another 6 pallets for them next week!
Frank G – June 2011