Need to get your car, caravan, boat, motorbike or RV shipped to New Zealand from Australia? Or shipped from Australia to New Zealand?
Regardless of the direction you’re heading – McCullough’s can sort it all out for you without anxiety or confusion. We’ve been moving people’s cargo seamlessly over land and water for over 20 years, so we know what to do and we’ve made it as simple for you as 1-2-3. We care as much about your vehicle as you do!
Australia Vehicle Shipping: Your 1-2-3 step service.
What you need to know about shipping to Australia from New Zealand:
Start planning approximately 1 month in advance. Our sailings to Australia are direct and can take between four to eight days i.e.
- Roll-On-Roll-Off (RORO) service
Leaving from Auckland and discharging in Brisbane, Port Kembla (Sydney), Melbourne and Fremantle.
- Container service
Leaving from Auckland and lyttelton and discharging in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Fremantle.
Before you ship your vehicle to Australia you must:
- Apply and receive approval to import. Fill out a Vehicle Import Approval form
- All vehicles Imported into Australia require a Vehicle Import Approval from the Department of Infrastructure and Transport.
- I recommend clicking on this link which will take you to The Department of Infrastructure and Transport website
- There you will find all the information you need including a quiz to see if you qualify to import your vehicle into Australia and which Vehicle Approval Application suits you.
- To take the quiz – click here
- Application processing takes up to 17 days
- The vehicle must have been owned and used by the applicant for a continuous period of at least 12 months.
- Anyone can import a vehicle manufactured before 1st of January 1989.
- The applicant has not imported a road vehicle owned by him/her within the year from application.
Costs (Estimated price brackets)
What you need to know about shipping FROM Australia to New Zealand:
Start planning immediately we can pickup and ship straight away. Our sailings from Australia are direct and can take between four to eight days days.
- RORO service
Leaving from Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and discharging in Auckland, Wellington, Nelson and Lyttelton
- Container service
Leaving from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Fremantle and discharging in all major New Zealand ports.
Before you ship your car, caravan, boat, motorbike or RV we recommend:
- You take digital photos for Marine Insurance
- Ensure it complies with New Zealand standards
Costs and charges (Estimated price brackets):
- Find out if your vehicle qualifies for free entry into NZ from Australia
- If your vehicle was made in Australia i.e. Holden it will have no duty on it returning into Australia.
“We were genuinely worried about our much loved Commodore being damaged in loading and shipping from Australia to NZ. However, Joe immediately set us at ease with his knowledge and his calm can-do attitude. He personally stayed in touch while our Commodore was in transit – just to keep us up-to-date and manage any trepidation. McCullough provided us a trustworthy, first class service with flawless execution.”
Ross Hill – Jan 2011