Moving from novice to expert in 60 seconds.
Need to ship machinery? McCullough has been either shipping machinery to New Zealand or shipping it from New Zealand for over 20 years, for people just like you. We make your heavy equipment shipping simple for you with our 1-2-3 step shipping process. And we get it right first time.
Not everyone in this world needs machines like e.g. a D7 dozer, but when you do, you’ll know that they can be incredibly hard to ship. There’s a great deal of preparation and planning that goes into it – because size matters!
Heavy Machinery Shipping: Your 1-2-3 step service.
Step 1: Pick up at origin and packing:
Step 2: Shipping:
Step 3: Delivery to your door:
We provide and handle the complete process i.e. shipping, Customs and MAF clearance, packing, transport, delivery and insurance.
3 EASY steps to get your machinery moving:
- Contact us with your machinery specifications:
c. Number to be shipped
d. Any special considerations e.g. wooden crates can be specially designed and built with support, cushioning material and reinforcement.
- Inform us of your supplier details so that our local agents can contact them directly to sort out the shipping details.
- Sit back and let us organise and arrange your best solution. We’ll:
a. Calculate the most cost effective way of moving your machinery – we’ll make temporary changes to the equipment to save in shipping costs e.g. We’ll disassemble it to fit in standard containers
b. Inform you about complying with the destination quarantine standard.
c. Arrange all your documentation e.g. ownership title, insurance and bill of lading
d. Supervise the loading and unloading process. We know what to do with:
– Cranes to lift your machinery.
– Loading points and weight distribution.
e. Get your cargo cleared and off the port as fast as possible due to our well-established and strong relationships with the ports and wash bays.
f. Personally communicate with you every step of the way, until your machinery is safely at your door.
We specialise in heavy machinery freight including:
- Special Purpose Vehicles –e.g. Pump trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Project cargo
- Any other oversized machinery that needs to be shipped to or from New Zealand.
Want a more specific price now for shipping your heavy machinery?
Simply type your relevant information into this form, email email@example.com, or phone us on +64 9 303 0075.
Heavy Machinery Shipping Key Tips:
- Ensure that it has less than a quarter of fuel in tank (it won’t be shipped with more) .
- Disconnect the battery.
- Drain fluids e.g. the hydraulic lines.
- Ensure that it is packed up as small as possible and secure or remove any loose parts.
- Ensure that you thoroughly clean inside and out, paying particular attention to the wheels and arches or tracks.
a. MAF will be looking for Mud and dirt and plant material.
- Ensure you consider marine insurance (we can provide comprehensive policies covering pickup at origin to delivery at destination).
a. remember to take close up photos of every side of your machine – internal and external.
- 7. Request (as we do) that your machinery is quickly discharged and cleared through MAF and Customs so that it can get out and start working.
“I called McCullough Ltd when my old agent failed to unpack up my Drain Truck from the wharf. I had only 7 days to get my truck onto a job in Tauranga. McCullough promised to make the deadline date and they delivered on their word. Not only did McCullough make the deadline but they were less expensive and thoroughly more competent than my previous agent. I urge anyone looking for a new customs agent to call McCullough, particularly if you want to have your machinery delivered without a scratch and on time.”
Phillip Lee – Dec 2010