Know you deserve that American Car?
Need to get it shipped to New Zealand from the USA? McCullough will make it happen with our easy 1-2-3 step, streamlined shipping process. We’ve been doing this for over 20 years, so we know our stuff and we care as much as you do! You tell us what you want. We’ll have it picked up, packed, shipped (handling all relevant documentation) and delivered to your door.
USA Shipping: Your 1-2-3 step service.
What you need to know about shipping FROM the USA to New Zealand:
Start planning immediately – we can pick up straight away and ship out on our weekly service. Our sailings from the USA are direct and can take 14 days or just 28 days from Los Angeles i.e.
- Roll-On-Roll-Off (RORO) service
Leaving from Long Beach and discharging in Auckland.
- Container service
Leaving from Los Angeles and discharging in Auckland and Lyttelton
Before you ship your car, caravan, boat, motorbike or RV we recommend you:
- Take digital photos for insurance purposes.
- Ensure it complies with New Zealand standards
- We can put you in touch with the best compliance people
Costs and charges (Estimated price brackets):
- Caravan or motorhome
- Customs charges: There is no duty on motor vehicles just 15% GST
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) (15%) charges: Calculated on the CIF price (cost of the vehicle plus marine insurance and the ocean freight).
- Find out if your vehicle qualifies for free entry into NZ from the USA.
- The cheapest and most direct port to ship out of is Los Angeles. So when looking for a vehicle the closer it is to Los Angles the cheaper it will be for you.
“I found my dream car, a 2012 Mustang Big Boss and I just had to get it back to NZ. Fast! Obviously I wanted a shipping company that had meticulous processes in place and meticulous attention to detail. McCullough over-delivered. They picked my Big Boss up immediately, packed it in a container and had it sailing within 7 days. Once it hit the Auckland port, it was cleared in 3 days and safely nestled in my garage within 5 days. Not a scratch nor a day wasted. Not even any additional fees. Their whole process was professional and perfect. A first-class act.”
Ronin Clark May 2011