Cool Campsites in the UK
Posted on 22nd May 2020
If you reside in the UK and looking forward to a summer holiday (especially after a very out-of-the-ordinary year so far), we’ve got a great range of campsites to park up the campervan and become one with nature. As expected, international travel is minimal (if at all) around the world, so local tourism businesses will happily welcome your holiday spending.
How the Corona Virus affects the New Zealand Shipping Industry
Posted on February 24, 2020
As the Corona Virus gains momentum, businesses all around the world are falling on hard times. The New Zealand shipping industry has not gone without its worries and below are the main points to come from the latest meeting held by CBAFF (Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Federation of New Zealand Inc).
- Logistics and businesses are working slower than normal. This is due to fewer workers on the ground, with approx. 150 million migrant workers who are yet to return to work.
- Shipping food is still the number one priority.
- Cool storage is full and securing additional storage is proving difficult.
- New Zealand is experiencing similar conditions to other countries when dealing with China’s MPI (Ministry of Primary Industries). Some countries are experiencing more severe shipping impacts than others.
- Mail into China is affected.
- Individual cities and regions are putting in different regulations. This means conditions vary across the country and are also contributing to things taking much longer than usual.
- No major changes to conditions and meetings are held weekly for updated information.
Cancelled flights between New Zealand and China is also affecting airfreight of perishable goods and MPI is working closely with businesses and providing real-time information.
Though McCullough Shipping does not ship many cars out of China, we are members of CBAFF New Zealand and are therefore privy to updated shipping, customs and MAF (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry) information as soon as it comes to hand.
The virus is forcing businesses worldwide to come up with logistical alternatives. For example, Zespri (world’s largest marketer of kiwifruit) is using more chartered reefers so it isn’t dependent on containers and this has crafted improvements, but the timeframe is still typically twice as long as usual.
Cool Campsites in the UK
Changes to Motorhome Depreciation Rate
Posted on 17th March 2020
There has been a big change to the depreciation rate on motor vehicles and motorhomes. New Zealand Customs recently announced there is a change in the depreciation rates applied to motor vehicles and motorhomes from 1st of March 2020.
Tips when moving pets overseas
Posted on 11th January 2020
They’re part of the family, so it comes as no surprise when you move overseas you will consider moving your fur baby as well. If you have children, moving without a much-loved pet can be heart-wrenching. The calming effects an animal makes on a family may also help everyone adjust to a new life and a new town.
Tips when moving high-value items
Posted on 6th November 2019
Jewellery (either high in money value and/or emotional value), pieces of art, antique furniture and antique cars are just some examples of high-value items you’ll want to think about when packing for your next big move. Though it’s impossible to safeguard against the unexpected, there are certain steps you can take to make the likelihood of valuable items being lost or damaged in transit, is kept to a minimal.
Our easy - 3 step shipping process×
Tell us the pick up location and we'll arrange a date & time
We handle all customs & shipping including insurance
Enjoy your toy, after it's delivered to your door anywhere in NZ.