Caravan and Motorhome Transport Key Tips:
Follow these helpful tips to ensure the transport of your Caravan or Motorhome is a smooth and easy process. 3-step process, costs and key tips.
Shipping a caravan or motorhome to New Zealand? Shipping a caravan or motorhome from New Zealand? For over 20 years McCullough has invested their expertise and heart into making caravan and motorhome shipping for you as simple as 1-2-3. We’ll ship, Customs and MAF clear your caravan or motorhome for you anytime, anywhere. Get your free quote now. It’s that simple.
Your 1-2-3 step service.
Helping you get started:
Pricing: Estimated brackets
International shipping prices vary depending on commodity, load discharge port and cubic measurement of your caravan or motorhome.For pricing please provide us with the length, width, height, make and model of the caravan or motorhome. The more information you give us, the better we can assess your needs, the best mode of shipping and the cheapest price for you.
Caravan or Motorhome Shipping Key Tips
- Ensure your Motorhome has less than a quarter of fuel in tank (it won’t be shipped with more)
- Ensure that you disconnect the battery.
- Ensure that you’ve removed all
a. fire extinguishers
b. gas bottles
- Ensure that you thoroughly clean inside and out, paying particular attention to wheel arches and awnings of your caravan or motor home.
a. MAF will be looking for dirt, leaves and plant material.
- Advise if there is inner cargo (e.g. golf clubs, suitcase of clothes, bottles of alcohol)
a. Where possible – try to avoid inner cargo as it increases cost and clearance time.
- For security reasons, remove and package up all electronics
a. Either lock them inside or courier them to your delivery point.
- We recommend you take up Marine Insurance (we offer comprehensive insurance packages that cover origin pickup to destination drop off).
a. remember to take close up photos of every side of your caravan or motorhome – internal and external
“I wanted my huge motor home brought to NZ from LA with inner cargo (clothes and sports gear). Initially I felt overwhelmed by the process and all the custom rules but McCullough Ltd carefully stepped me through each one until I absolutely knew what was going on and had complete confidence that McCullough had everything under control. My only regret is that McCullough doesn’t control the price of Oil!”
John Barnett April 2011